My Daily Routine
I get asked a lot, what is your daily routine? I believe that your habits are what make you or break you in life. It’s the small little actions that you take every single day, that lead you to your destination. Those actions are either negative or positive. If you do many small positive actions each day, then you end up living a positive life. It’s common sense.
So, let’s go through a normal day for me.
- I wake up around 5-5:30 am, and jump out of bed. Make sure that you don’t hit that snooze button or lay there too long. Get up and get moving. I make my way to the kitchen, where I start with some apple cider vinegar and water. I let that digest and then have one cup of room temperature water, and a quarter of freshly squeezed lemons. At the same time, I am making my omelet, which consist of one whole egg and ¾ cup of egg whites. While eggs are cooking, I get my essential amino acids and MCT oil. I start sipping on my lemon water while I finish cooking my eggs. I finish my lemon water, and take my eggs off the burner to let them cool. I cook my eggs now so that will save me time later, I won’t eat these eggs yet. I do a ‘mini fast’ most mornings. It’s important to listen to your body.
- I then have a seat, and most days I will write out three things that I’m grateful for and three things that I’m good at, and just visualize my day.
- Then, just before 6 am, I am at my computer working on everything that makes the business grow. From post engagements, creating email content and scripts, to getting things done that are the most important. You are very sharp first thing in the morning, and if you focus without distractions, I will go on the record to saying that YOU WILL get more done in 90 minutes, then most people who work an 8-hour shift with distractions all day. This is proven. Remember the compound effect: Doing small positive actions every day, over many days, weeks, months and years, will make your life.
- I then eat around 7:30am or so, depending on the day. Then I head to the gym for my workout. By 7:30am, I have done more work to grow myself and the business before many people even start the day.
- I get to the gym around 7:45am, and do a quick warm up, then start my workout. My goal is to train 4-5 days a week. Usually mid-week is a recovery day with light cardio and a movement/stretching session. My breakdown for working out right now is: A plyo and power exercise every day, then I break up my muscle groups. Monday: Chest/Shoulders, Tuesday: legs, Wed: recovery, Thursday Back/rear delts, Friday: arms. Then I finish off with a 15-20 min steady state, or a ‘HITT’ session. I’m done at either 9 or 9:30 am. I am drinking BCAA’s during and post workout.
- Then, I usually see a few of my clients until 11-11:30am. This is where I will also have a small snack, which consist of 1.5 scoops of Creed protein with water, an apple, and a splash of coconut water.
- I then work on the business, research or study for 60-90 minutes.
- Around 1-1:30pm is lunch time, and I will have 4-5 oz. of lean turkey or chicken, 2 cups of veggies and a small sweet potato.
- 2-3:30 pm will vary from day–to-day. I could be in meetings, phone calls, or consults with clients. Every day is different, and it’s nice because I like variety.
- 3:30-5:30 pm I will walk the floor, and chat with members and the team, to see how everything is and if there is anything that needs to be done. Please feel free to always come chat with me, and ask any questions you may have JI like hearing good feedback on what we are doing right, and things we can improve on. I also have my mid-afternoon snack around 3:30-4pm, and its 1.5 scoops of protein and water, with a cup of berries and a few walnuts.
- I head home after work and have my dinner. This will usually be 4-5 oz. of lean protein, 2 cups of veggies and a small potato with 2 tsp of butter. After that, I will relax for about 30 minutes and give my mind a break. LOL
- 7-7:30pm I will finish off anything that I didn’t get done. I will also research and do personal development for about 60-90 minutes.
- 9pm I will do my to do list for the next day and plan what I need to get accomplished. I have 3 objectives every week that will lead me to my yearly goal. Plan and take massive action every single day!
- 9:15pm I turn off my mind and relax with either a good game of hockey or something funny. Anything where I don’t have to think too much. It’s my down time now, and it’s super important to turn off your mind and relax. I have a snack of either orange, protein bar or oatcake. Just depends what I’m craving.
- 11pm in bed and ready to repeat the day. I know I need to sleep a bit more haha. I’m working on it, but for the most part I can function pretty good on that amount of sleep I’m getting.
Well that is an average day in my life. I have done this for many, many years. Anyone who really knows me, knows that I create good habits and I execute them every day. I work for this, I’m not “just lucky” as I hear through the grape vine so very often. I get up, and bust my butt every day, and I am consistent in what I do. I may not be the smartest guy in the room, but I will not be out worked.
The harder you work, the luckier you get. Remember that! People who live life on their terms usually work for it, and it’s not just luck. So get up, and take massive action, and live the life that you want for yourself.
There is two ways to build an empire: You can either sit around and tear others down, OR you can build your own. Get out and make it happen! I encourage you to STOP tearing others down, and just worry about you. If you want something- go out and get it.
Let me know if you have any questions 🙂